So I’ve been a busy bee behind the scenes this last week, but unfortunately not allot of it is worth showing you! So a quick overview:
- Learnt how to use classes in C++ and Java (forgive my poor programming heritage)
- Updated the Trampoline Bounce Counter Part 2
- Got a part time job at the sports center I used to work at (I was just getting too bored sat at home all day – but this does mean there will be a decrease in the amount of project stuff I will get up to)
- Blew up my 3D printer (turns out the power supply provided with the original reprap Prusa Mendel kit was not designed for the use of a dual extruder and heated bed – went over the constant current limit of the power supply, £18 for a new 30A one however so it is not the end of the world)
- Wrote processing code for identifying any ‘nodes’ (ESP8266 modules specifically) set up on a specific port and using a call response method to determine if they are the ones I might be looking for. And if they are storing the respective IP address for later use.
- Designed the first version of my home security system GUI in Processing. This nicely led on from learning Classes in Java and when my set of 5 NodeMCU (ESP8266 breakouts) arrive I will proceed to develop this system by incorporating achievement 5 above into it.
I apologise that this was not a particularly interesting update; but then again I am not the most interesting person in the world :P. Keep an eye out because I will be updating the trampoline bounce counter allot more now that I once again have access to trampolines! Also as soon as the hardware arrives I will put some serious effort into getting it up and running ASAP!
As always any ideas for improvement or code you want just comment and let me know!